National Certificate: Occupational Hygiene and Safety
SAQA ID 79806 NQF Level 3
The Occupational Hygiene & Safety qualification enables learners to identify, evaluate, advise and report on occupational safety, hygiene and environmental factors, in occupational environments, which may have a detrimental effect on the health and safety of workers in such environments. The qualification is designed to be flexible and accessible.
In South Africa and internationally, the social and economic impact of occupational safety, hygiene, health, and environment is great. Direct costs that result from poor workplace safety, hygiene, health, and environments include both human and economic costs. Indirect costs are also incurred and include aspects such as poor morale, poor productivity, and downtime. Improved workplace safety, hygiene, health, and environments could influence the South African economy in direct costs alone to the value of millions of Rands each year. This qualification aims to meet the demand for learners that are able to facilitate a safe, healthy and productive occupational environment. There is a critical need in the industry to recognise learner competence regarding essential operations associated with a healthy, safe and productive working environment.
This is a one year qualification and can also be offered as skills programmes, modules or short courses
- Module 1: Risk Management
- Module 2: OHS & Hygiene Response
- Module 3: Communication
- Module 4: Maths & Information Technology Literacy
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and language skills in the modes of oral and written presentation.
- Solve mathematical problems related to finances, patterns, statistics, shape and motion using numbers and number systems.
- Use a computer and computer systems.
- Use science and technology effectively to collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information about occupational hygiene, safety and workplace environmental conditions.
- Identify and solve problems to make responsible decisions regarding workplace hazards and risks.
|DESCRIPTION||COST (ZAR)||AMOUNT (ZAR)|
|Deposit Fee||3 000||3 000|
|Monthly Installments (12 Months)||1 500||18 000|
|TOTAL COURSE FEES||21 500|